Friday, April 10, 2009

Over grown babies…!!

20th March ’09: I’m sitting in my classroom waiting for the bell to ring and the first lecture to start. At 9:30, the bell rang and the teacher entered the class. Suddenly, I felt a sting inside my head followed by a severe head-ache. I put my head down and when the teacher asked me what it was, I replied that I wasn’t feeling well. A classmate touches my hand and says that I have a terrible fever too. I sat silently in the class for 2 lectures. After the second lecture the CSE co-coordinator asked me to go back because of my fever.
I came back to my room at 12 noon. Feeling unwell, I slept after having some medicine. I kept sleeping for 2 hours, when my project partner calls me at 2, whether we should work on our project that day or not.
I got up. Feeling a little refreshed, I asked him to come and we started working on our project. We worked on Microsoft IDE for around 3 hours. At 5, he left.
Immediately then, the electricity went off due to a power failure. I cursed the KESCO. India is working well in all departments except improving its infrastructure.
Then, trying to grasp some fresh air, I asked my room partner Priyank to accompany me for a walk. The weather was a little cool due to the over cast clouds.
We walked in the neighbourhood for around half an hour. After that, I again saw that the electricity is still not back. I again cursed the KESCO.
Then, the two of us sat in the park near our flat. There was quite a happening season inside the park. There were a few boys playing cricket and 2 small girls playing on the swings. There were few other elderly people out for their evening walk.
We two sat on a bench chatting watching the kids playing on the swing and he guys’ cricket.
Suddenly, my attention was diverted towards those 2 kids. Those two girls were around 7-8 years of age. One was dressed in blue and the other was in pink.
The girl in pink was a lot cuter than the other one. (Plump, what do I mean by this..!!!)
The girls started to fight among themselves. The fight was in English. (Huh.. Schools are forcing kids to over grow, out of them. )
“Hey, let’s go that swing”, the girl in blue said.
“No, I won’t come”, the kid in pink replied.
“Come, na!”
“No, I won’t.”
“Fine, I’m going.”
“Ok, go!”
“Don’t talk to me.”
Seeing this kid- fight between those two girls, the guys who were playing around started to tease the girl in blue.
She got irritated and said, “I can’t see you people.”
“But, we can see you fighting with your friend”, said one f the guys trying to be over smart with the small kid.
Immediately then, the girl in pink came to the rescue of her friend. She came by the girl in blue, and looked at the boys.
“I am so sexy. See me.”, yelled the girl in pink, at the boys and walked out of the park with her friend.
Everyone was stunned. The guys, the elderly people walking in the park, the women roaming and chatting about their households, and the two of us, all were awe struck.
Everybody walked that small girl in pink walking away with her friend out of the park.
The people, who were thinking those girls to be small kids, were now shut blunt by a girl of 7-8 years of age.
I stared to think what struck the girl’s mind to speak such a thing.
Does she even know the meaning of what she has shouted.???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! interesting encounter with d gen-e-global.
generation gap is escalating with each new rap, videos, reality shows,movies,webpages with just a tick of d remote button or d click of d mouse. thanks to d early age schooling hysteria of d parents;sliding their kids into unknown competitions right from d dusk of their innocence, and not to forget the spicy new generation adevrtisements!
-pankaj

chandrika said...

...lolz!!well its more than dis dese days...unexpectedly we get to hear many surprising thngs from kidos..!!
thnx to our overgrowing media..which is slowly tkng away d innocence frm dere kiddish activities...
bt moreover its duty of parents to keep a chck on dere kids...