Monday, April 13, 2009

Exam Time...!!

I see out of my window, peeping. All I could see is the hot air blowing; called LOO in the local dialect. I look back at my computer whose GPU is groaning at me because of excess workload that it has to do these days following my absence from the college.
I throw a frustrated look at my study table and see the books piled up, ready to be studied. But the weather and the absolute ZERO inside my head, made me again fall back on the bed.
Again it is the exam time for the engineers. We have to study again desperately. But the only relaxing and soothing thing is that it is our last semester. The final time o study as of what is called the STUDYING PERIOD.
This semester was a lot different from the other semesters that we have had so far, to be precise 7 in number. We were allowed to bunk any number of classes, uptil now. But in this semester, only the SATAN knows what happened to our college management that the attendance was made compulsory with monetary penalty, and that too was quite high.
My personal record of attendance which was: always lower than 60% was broken in this semester. I too had to attend all the classes since 12th February till date. Never in my whole academic life, have I been regular for such a long duration without a single bunk or absence from the class. It was a real pain in the ass for me at least and surely for many others too.
I laid back after getting a good look at the LOO, and fearing the heat strokes. I tried to plan my studying schedule again but all in vain. I kept thinking that we have been the most regular in the college and still we know the least, when syllabus is compared. Since my first semester, we attended least classes and studied on our own when the exams approached. Our conscious became so guilt-filled that we had to study and got well prepared before the exam time.
But now, in this semester, we continuously attended a hell lot of classes and our teachers taught us with a hell lot of patience and time. Still, not a single student knows anything.
We sat in the classes everyday with half closed eyes.. eye-lids batting half way down the way and brain cells in an OFF position and we returned all exhausted. There was a feeling everyday while returning “Today we studied a lot.” But, actually all were nil.
The whole semester has passed and now when the exam time is right at hand. The gongs are blowing just above the ear-level; I am tensed about what will happen in these final semester exams…
I keep staring at the ceiling in a dazed horror of exams. May be I am getting a kinda exam phobic.
And watching the movie of previous 3 years in the college inside my neural canvas, I again slept, as usual.

1 comment:

swati said...

well i guess....records r meant to b broken..and its sumtimes gud to b regular..in attendng classes atleast..and being an engineer u must be habitual of giving xams by now...so why so xamophobic?