Wednesday, March 4, 2009

1 night @ my room

5th February 2009: It was around 5pm. I was sleeping, which is the only thing that I have excelled through during my engineering. Suddenly, my sleep was interrupted by ‘korbo lorbo jeetbo re’, which is my mobile’s ring tone, which is also the theme song of Saurav Ganguly led Knight Riders cricket Team.
I saw the screen, it was flashing Pankaj’s name. ‘Can’t even let me sleep soundly’, echoed somewhere inside my head.
“Hello”, I picked the call clumsily.
“Hi.. What were you doing?”, answered the caller.
“Hmm.. obviously, what you can make out of my voice. I was sleeping. Anyways, yeah, say what is it.?”
“Hmm.. Aur kuch to hota nahi tere se, sone ke alawa”, he replied, “Anyways, tell me are you free on 9th February?”
“Yeah. Why?”
“I am coming to Kanpur on 9th and shall stay overnight. I have to attend a marriage in Lucknow on 11th, so just wanted to meet you”.
“Hmm.. Let me see. 9th is Monday and 10th Tuesday. Sure. Come I shall bunk my college and we will have a blast.”
“Ok done. Bye”.
“Bye.”

9th February 2009: My watch was ticking 8 pm. I rang Pankaj, “Where are you?”.
“Just reached Railway Station, on platform 5”.
“Fine. Wait there. I shall be there in 2 minutes. I am on platform 1”.
I rushed to platform 5 and quickly found him. After all, my pair of eyes, behind the pair of fiber eyes works quite efficiently.
“Hi. How was the journey?”, I asked.
“Great. Lost my Apple iPod somewhere in the train”.
“Fantastic. This couldn’t have been better. And stop calling that stupid mp3 player your Apple iPod.”
We then went to a restaurant and had some dinner. The cuisine was our common favorite -> Butter Chicken. After having an overdose of the stuffs, we made the payment and we left for my room.
It was nearing 10 pm now. In half an hour both of us were at my room.
“Chal, now let’s make our self comfortable and let me show you what I have brought exclusively for you.”, said Pankaj.
“Hmm… take it out.”, I asked him, setting the bed for both of us.
Within 5 more minutes, we were in our quilts and he held his ream of writings and some photographs, which he had brought to show me.
Then we started to discuss his writings and the stuffs. It had a description about Kalpana. Now don’t expect me to write who Kalpana is. Better contact Pankaj and ask him. ;)
He also showed me the photos of his college group and his buddies, with a detailed description of each. He masters the art of making description.
The clock was now showing 1 am.
But who cares. After all, we are engineers.
“Aren’t you tired?”, I asked him.
“Hmm.. It is better to talk than sleep right now. We have met after a long time.”
And our experienced talks continued till 4 am. I remember till this instant, after that I have no idea when the two of us slept.

Next morning: Uth be, 9 baj gaya”, I kicked him, “Gosh, quickly get ready.”
“Yup. We have to go to IIT to meet Sanyam too, and then I have to leave in the afternoon.”, he said.
“So, get up na.”
We were ready in half an hour and were munching our breakfast in no time.
At 10 am, we left for IIT from my room and reached there in another 30 minutes. We reached Sanyam’s room and he was waiting for us as I had already informed him about our arrival.
“Where is my book?”, Sanyam threw a question right in my face as I entered his room.
“Shit, I forgot again.”, I replied.
I had to give him a book entitled “Anything for you ma’am” by Tushar Raheja. He is quite desperate to read it, after he completed Chetan Bhagat. These IITians have no work other than writing exaggerated stories. After all how such a trail of co-incidences can follow. I seriously doubt.
“Next time. Promise”, said I.
“Leave it, have this chocolate”, Pankaj offered a chocolate to Sanyam.
“Good, now you offer chocolates to guys also. ”, said I, followed by a burst of laughter by all three.
Then, we spent nearly 2 hours at Sanyam’s room searcing to a video by Corrs, but in vain and it was now time for Pankaj to leave.
After, both Pankaj and Sanyam bid adieu to each other we left from there back. We had some lunch at another restaurant and then back to my room.
Next, at around 2 pm, we left from my room towards the bus stand as now Pankaj had to board a bus to Lucknow. I dropped him at the bus stand and then after bidding bye to each other, I left back for my room and he stepped inside the bus.
I was returning back with a helmet on my head and some nice thoughts of the last 16 hours inside my head.
Really, I miss my friends. But, now life will keep us further away, as time passes, but our hearts will be drawn closer.

3 comments:

pankajs said...

"fantastic"...thats the first word that popped in my head as i finished reading this. the way u have needled the recent lose scenarios into a complete pattern is fabulous.(i liked the way u described ur specs!)really had my heart wishing for those moments to flash again in my memory and they did!..
though again....i really wished it was a longer post..! i just wanted to read more of it. i'll really cherish those 16 hrs stay in kanpur

Arpit Gaur said...

thanks pankaj... i knew you would comment on the spectacles description... :)

Anonymous said...

well u seemed to hv a grt time with ur frnds...lucky guy.....not everybdy gets gud frnds in lyf....waise u hv grt writng skills..i must say....ur potrayal of events seems quite realistic.....and yes u r rght "now life will keep us further away, as time passes, but our hearts will be drawn closer. "

gud frnds actually r forever

and even i miss my frnds