Saturday, July 19, 2008

Satyam Recruitment

After spending some more days of my vacations, I went back to college... coz of Placement bells.. 

Satyam Computers was visiting our college for their recruitment process..

As was a mandatory thing, i too had a dream of getting through the selection procedure....

It was 18th of jan, 08 and i was writing my Satyam written test at 12 noon.

The results were out at 4 pm and i had cleared. I knew i would, coz the paper was easy. Now the tough time was to start..

We were made to wait till 10pm for our pre-placement talk. This wait for all for crap reasons.. Even those guys making us wait, didn't know, why they were doing so...


Had it till 11 pm. and returned home all finished up. hadn't eaten anything the whole day..

So dat was a stupid deed by Satyam...

Anyways, next day i had my HR Interview, and bingo..!! I cleared it also.. Bt unfortunately, we were asked to stay back for the day coz of Technical Interview, though it never happened that day. Again after waiting till midnight, we were asked to come the next day, for the technical interview.

I was really sucked up... the next day, i.e 20th Jan, 08, I got up and thought that i would not go to attend the interview. I had never wanted to go for a job after the B.Tech, instead i was all for a MBA degree.. But, due to some instinctive feeling, i went for the interview...

It was really an INTERVIEW.. All core question and the Assistant Vice President of Satyam Computers interviewing me on C, C++, JAVA, and Oracle... he was quick in his questions and I was replying with the best of my efforts... And finally i MADE IT...

The HR representative informed me soon after my interview that i was through the recruitment activity...

Now, I was a SATYAMITE.. as they call themselves..

2 comments:

Shivpankaj said...

hmmmm one should always believe on insitinct when in self-doubt, infact as am writing this my ears r digging in my chest to listen to my own instinct!
and one thing that i always admire in u , is ur unmatched ability as technical engineer , learning so many techincal languages, inspite of the fact that u are decided that u r not chosing b.tech as ur mainstream profession.
and never the least, u have used a few interesting words in ur post, keep blogging!

Arpit Gaur said...

thats nice that ur ears are digging into ur core.. to listen to inner-self.... :-)
"always listen to n respond to your inner self... it's the soul of life", as said by Robin Sharma