Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Infosys Recruitment

This was the best of the three recruitment process that i had faced uptil now.

It was 25th March'08, just 2 days after Holi. 

Again it was a pool-campus procedure, and our center was SRMCEM college in Lucknow this time..

I had arrived the center at 7:30 am coz of excitement though the reporting time was 8:30. After some time other batch-mates also arrived. All the candidates were asked to register firstly, and then we all were supposed to wait...

The written test was conducted after a loooong wait, i must say. The paper was a good one.. Quantitative Aptitude section was damn easy, but English Vocabulary and RC section was really a hard nut to crack.. The written paper was over at 1 pm and then again our long wait for the result started....

This time this WAITING TIME was 3 hours and result was declared at 4 pm... Immediately, we were called for the Interview. Infosys had only one interview round and no GD. It was surprising for me, atleast.. I immediately tied my neck-tie and rushed up into the alloted room for the Interview. 

I was the first candidate to be called for the Interview from my slot. As i entered the room, I saw an OLD MAN, in his mid seventies.. Amazing was the man, as was his appearence.. He looked fragile, i never expected such an interviewer for me... But, he was a learned man, this i realized when he started his part of work...

All the questions she asked me were TRUE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS.. He asked for my Curriculum Vitae and questioned from all the points that i had mentioned in my CV.. he asked me to examplify every skill or quality that i had mentioned in it..

I think i was doing well till that point of time...

Finally, after a tough fight for almost half-an-hour, he asked me a puzzle.. and said that i could leave after that puzzle... I was rejoiced on seeing the puzzle.. It was a minimising puzzle, simple i said to myself.. I immediately rubbed my pen against the refined pulp, and prompted the answer.. He confirmed it twice and i was stuck on my answer... 

Bt when he asked me to recheck it, i was numb. I had maximised the minimising problem... I was caught, plump....

All my confidence shattered, I was down and he asked me to wait for the results....

I took a leave from the room after thanking him (a formal act to be done after every interview), though i was down, quite down on my stupidity in the final question. I had done all well throughout the interview but the last nail in the coffin was suppossed to be from my side itself...

I headed for the waiting room, grumbling to myself about myself...

Again after a long wait of some 2-3 hours at around 9 pm the results were declared... i still can recall that i was shivering as i thought that final puzzle had buried me down for sure... But i was over-whelmed when the HR representative called out my name... I was shocked to hear my name, as i wasn't expecting it...

But again, now I was an Infoscion.....

2 comments:

Shivpankaj said...

hi dude......so that was a long true interview which made u danced on the "finer paper pulp"....!
well....i liked some of the words u used..and as for the interview.....if i can know that u deserve to be selected in any company, then that 70 year man have enough experience to judge a "true" talent over a "true" mistake in excitement

Anonymous said...

arpit i still remember that day as if it was yesterday.....
we were waiting for the results....waiting to know what destiny has written for us...and in that room if i was sure about one person's selection,it was u..
but i was truly shocked coz i could feel u shivering as u were standing next to me... that was the first time wen i saw a tinge of fear in your face... but knowledge never goes unmarked nd thats why u have infy in your arms today!!!!!