Sunday, July 27, 2008

Results Day Out

It was a March day, the sixth semester was going on.

The results of 5th semester were about to be declared anytime, the University site had showed the probable date for the result declaration.

November 07:My respected faculty member Mr. Siddharth Tripathi had challenged me to cross 80%, in the exams. I had promised him that i'll try my best to achive it, rest the fate would have it in itself. We had a very long chat session one night, and he was constantly telling me about doing this. Also, he was using some very harsh and aggresive words in his speech that at times i felt offended, bt i kept my cool. I replied him that i'll try my best, repeatedly. Moreover, I also said that i am not fascinated by marks, i never want to go for marks rather pure knowledge about what we are studying.

But my teacher was stuck. He constantly, said "Dont talk that way. Just show me 80% marks against your name in these exams". It had been too much for my ego now. Please dont think that i am too egoistic, but actually it had been so many times that i finally got fired up. Also, getting above 80% marks in my university UPTU is really a big deal. Though, i had scored 83.2% in my 1st semester, still it seemed a mammoth task to me. I said, "Sir, I will. I will show you 80% marks."

Then, after some time in December 07, the first week we had our final internal exams. I tried my best. I has never studied overnight constantly for so many days as i had done this time. Still in 2 subjects my score wasn't the highest. I was again emabrresed by my teacher, "You said you'll get the highest marks. Where are they..?? You are finished dude. I can't see you beating my challenge." I replied, "Sir, I'll talk to you after 3 months when our results are out."

After a week or so, we had our final university exams. I did well according to me. I was now keeping my fingers crossed for my results over 80%. Meanwhile, never talked to the teacher.

Now, the result was declared in March. It was 11pm. I got the news that the results were out. I checked in. Got 80.1%. The challenge was done. I had topped the college. Till then the clock had ticked 12 midnight. I picked up my phone, rang my teacher Mr. Siddharth Tripathi, immediately then. I told him my result. He congratulated me and was very happy for me.

I was happy, overjoyed NOT on the result, but ONLY because i had won my challenge.

I was thinking that the only reason for this result was My TEACHER. If he hadn't fired me so much. I wouldnt have crossed the mark. I was thanking him for his motivation and his believe in me that i could do that.

Though not a big deal in terms of figures, but success, even smallest of those make me over-whelmed. I am never satisfied with myself. Only, such small happenings in life make me realize worth my life..

By now, as today i am writing this, the results for the 6th semester are also out. I have again topped the college as in 5th semester. This time its even more. A figure of 81.1%.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

congrtas yaar...its gud to hear that u again topped d college, n that too after d heated argument wid ur prof. It certainly shows that u have the zeal to succeed n take challenges boldly coming in ur way.
The part wich i liked d most in ur blog was, wen u thanked ur teacher for motivatin rather than making him feel low, after he challenged u n u succeeded.
thats the spirit dude....

Unknown said...

congrtas yaar...its gud to hear that u again topped d college, n that too after d heated argument wid ur prof. It certainly shows that u have the zeal to succeed n take challenges boldly coming in ur way.
The part wich i liked d most in ur blog was, wen u thanked ur teacher for motivatin rather than making him feel low, after he challenged u n u succeeded.
thats the spirit dude....

Arpit Gaur said...

thanks for ur appreciation bro...

chandrika said...

well...congrats is all i cn say to u..keep it up...!!!

Rashveen Maini said...

nice.. u topped twice...keep striving and keep at it..

Arpit Gaur said...

thanks a lot for ur reviews...

Anonymous said...

Well 1stly i wud like to say Arpit is very talented, intelligent n innovative student n he always try his level best to achieve what he dreamt of. In my small 2yrs teaching span, He became one of my favorite student n I want to wish him loadz of success n happiness for his career n life.

Now coming to post:
While reading i just kept on thinking that what every visitor might think of me while reading this post? What king of image will b created in every visitor's mind? Although it was well justified in the end the moral of whole post although many things left untouched but still i don't wanna drag all such things here.

what matters most is "he kept his word n topped in the college" n i,m so happy although i lost my bet to him(congrats) but still i won another bet(i hope u rem.)

But Game is not over yet as i,m also hoping the same in this final yr.

All the best :)........Sid

Arpit Gaur said...

yeah, i remember ur 2nd bet as well sir [;)]..and congrats u won dat..

one very imp thing for all the readers, that every statement in this post was absolutely my own personal opinion.

and, Siddharth Sir was indeed the inspiring teacher or rather force for my 3rd year's results.. All credits to him, for his motivation and fueling me up..

and Sir, please indicate if i have left anything untouched.. [:O]
my apologies if any such a thing has happened.